Top 10 Gallery
Doors off photography Helicopter tour:
“A 30min Helicopter aerial photography experience taking in the Durban Skyline and famous Golden Mile. An Ideal tour for photography enthusiasts, locals and visitors alike who want to capture the unique aerial perspective of our beautiful city. Take advantage of the East Coast sunrise or late afternoon light and share your photographic skills online”
Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure time in order to attend a safety briefing as well as to discuss the type of shots you’d like to achieve in order for your pilot to plan a route that accommodates all passengers.
On board etiquette:
Whilst your pilot will provide you with a full safety briefing, please keep the following in mind. Communication with the pilot is of utmost importance, please do not attempt any shots that haven’t been approved by the pilot during your pre-flight safety briefing. The cockpit needs to remain clear of any loose articles, bags and loose items of clothing. Cameras need to be secured to your person via a camera strap, and lens caps need to be removed before flight in order to ensure that they’re not lost during flight. No items are permitted to be dropped outside the aircraft at any time. Safety belts are to remain on for the duration of the flight.
· Avoid wearing bright clothes. Although the doors will be off for the flight, if you’re sitting up front the reflection will be seen on the instrument panel and window.
· Dress code is season dependent, keep it shorter in the summer and longer in the winter.
· Don’t be camera shy! The best camera is the one you have with you. We’ve seen some incredible results using smart phones.
· Aerial photography is an incredibly dynamic environment as you’re moving around the changing light. A little prior research on ideal camera settings may assist the result.
· But mostly, try be present, make a concerted effort to balance the view between the finder and the door. It’s a remarkable way to experience the city, one that will undoubtedly alter your perspective.